Logee's Tropical Plants is having a huge event! The 6th Annual Summer Solstice Celebration. Hope to see you all there! For more information, click here.
Also, don't miss the Martha Stewart video tour of Logee's Greenhouses here:
In celebration of this special time of year at the height of the growing season, Logee’s invites you to experience the joy of fruiting, rare and tropical plants. Bring your family and friends, and spend a day exploring a botanical paradise. This event is the real-life expression of the Logee’s mission statement: "Bringing a diversity of people and plants together to experience the joy of gardening."
Here are a few highlights:
• Tour our six amazing retail greenhouses and learn the history behind each house and the plants that live there.
• Byron Martin, Logee’s 3rd generation owner and renowned horticulturist, will present informative demonstrations on growing rare houseplants.
• Win a rare plant at our silent auction in our Rare Plant Tent - new this year!
• Local breweries will serve refreshments to complement delicious lunch options from an array of food vendors. Our pop-up artisan marketplace will feature one-of-a-kind goods, hand-made crafts, and enticing specialty gift-items.
• Dance to the irresistible sounds of live bluegrass & jam music performed by Deep Timber while soaking up the summer sun and enjoying the festivities.
• For a moment of blissful contemplation, walk the seven-circuit labyrinth designed as a pollinator garden, or enjoy a relaxing back massage in the tranquil shade of the trees.
• Live radio broadcast featuring Gary O. of WINY - 11am-12pm
• Featuring live music by The Clan Ross Pipe Band from 10-11am, and Deep Timber from 12-3pm
• Featuring craft beer from Black Pond Brews & Bear Hands Brewing Company!
Logee’s Ponderosa Lemonade, Logee’s Local Honey from Byron’s bees, We-Li-Kit Ice Cream, Heirloom Organic Cafe, Thai Basil, The Lions Food Truck, 4G's Pizza, Red Box Canteen, Blush Vegan Bakeshop, Nolle's Coffee Bar.
Hi-Ya-Pop Soap Co., Beadie Bods, Tunk City Revival, Magical Henna Body Art, Mike's Nature Art, Lilla Rose Accessories, The Last Green Valley, Hummingbird Crossings, Fogarty Ridge Farm, The Calm Candle Company, Dale's Studio, KAO Creations, Bodyworks Massage and Wellness CT, Rolf Bodyworks, Crafts Under the Apple Tree with Susan Lynch, Athena's - Heavenly Goddess, Birch Mountain Pottery, KM Ceramics, Paul Tetreault Birdhouses & Woodworking, Yankee Woodworking, S Johnson Designs, Everyday Portuguese, The Trippy Hippy, Anchored Love Designs, Kilted Pepper, NORWEX, Green Valley Jewels, Amelia Green Ceramics, Nature-Inspired Clothing, Putnam Science Academy, Killingly Business Association, plus more to be announced!